Welcome to the 23rd year of production at Kingbird Farm. We are a small, horse-powered farm on a forested hillside in Tioga County. This year we will again be offering a wide variety of organic poultry, meats, vegetables, and herbs.
Our farming methods are based on a belief in diversified, small family farms with a respect for the land and the animals we raise on it. Our land is managed organically; increasing fertility with compost, controlled grazing, and natural minerals. No chemical or synthetic fertilizers and pesticides are ever used.
Our pigs, poultry, eggs, vegetables, herbs, and pastures are certified organic by NOFA-NY Certified Organic LLC.
All of our products are available both on farm and at the Saturday Ithaca Farmers’ Market (April-December). Eggs, meat, and vegetables are available anytime from our self-serve farm store.
CERTIFIED ORGANIC EGGS
Our laying hens are raised free-range in an open-air hoophouse with rotating pastures. In the winter they are housed in a sunny, warm greenhouse. Green pasture and organic feed produces a deep orange yolk, firm whites, and an unbeatable taste.
CERTIFIED ORGANIC GRASS FED BEEF
Our beef is started from calves born to organically raised cows and is entirely grass fed. Our cattle receive no grain in order to ensure the highest level of OMEGA-3 in the delicious meat. Beef is available by the cut and usually only in late summer and fall.
Certified Organic Crops
We grow a variety of vegetables and herbs in our certified organic gardens. Specialties include onions, garlic, potatoes, and culinary herbs. We plow and cultivate with horses and harvest weekly for the Ithaca Farmers’ Market.
CERTIFIED ORGANIC PLANTS
We grow a diverse selections of culinary herbs, medicinal herbs, flowers, peppers, tomatoes, and houseplants. They are available throughout the year at the Farm Store & Ithaca Farmers Market. Please check front page of website for current plant list.
CERTIFIED ORGANIC GRAINS & FEEDS
Our feeds are locally grown and mixed. They are minimally ground from whole grains and mixed with carefully selected supplements like kelp and limestone. Certified organic oats, corn, and poultry rations are available from us year round for on-farm pick up.
- Eggs Available year-round at Farm Store & seasonally at IFM (Ithaca Farmers Market)
- Stew Hens Fall at the Farm Store
- Beef Cuts year-round at the Farm Store & IFM
- Pork Cuts Occasional at the Farm Store
- Fresh Herbs April-December at Farm Store & IFM
- Dried Herbs Winter at the Farm Store
- Herb/Vegetable Plants May-Sept at Farm Store & IFM
- Garlic/Shallots July-December at Farm Store & IFM
- Cipollini Onions July-October at Farm Store & IFM
- Potatoes August-December at Farm Store &IFM
- Houseplants & Succulents year-round at the Farm Store & May-October at IFM